November 15, 2021. Toronto, ON. – LifeLabs is proud to announce that it is increasing local COVID-19 testing options to support the response against COVID-19 in Ontario. This service is being delivered in partnership with Ontario Health to expand access and bring services closer to our home. Testing is free of charge and offered to both symptomatic and asymptomatic individuals who meet the criteria established by Ontario Health during special testing hours at participating local LifeLabs facilities. As always, we will be enforcing relevant protocols driven by public health guidelines.
All testing will be done outside of normal operating hours to ensure the safety of our employees and customers. Strict decontamination methods will be used between customers and enhanced cleaning protocols will be undertaken each night.
“Our frontline teams have been at the forefront of COVID-19 testing efforts and we are proud to work with government on this expanded testing initiative,” said Charles Brown, President and CEO of LifeLabs. “We are committed to supporting the local testing needs of Ontarians to effectively monitor and manage the spread of COVID-19.”
This service is currently being offered by appointment only. To book an appointment, please visit www.lifelabs.com or call 1-877-313-4982.
A list of current participating locations can be found below. For the most updated list of participating locations, please visit: https://lifelabs.com/covid-19-updates/covid19-pcr-testing.
- 3427 Derry Road East, Mississauga, ON: Mon, Tues, Thurs: 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. and Sun: 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- 950 Southdown Rd, Mississauga, ON: Mon, Wed: 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- 100 Holland Court, Bradford, ON: Wed: 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- 470 Bronte Rd, Milton, ON: Fri: 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- 370 Bayview Drive, Barrie, ON: Mon – Friday: 8:00m. to 4:00 p.m.
- 33 Farley Drive, Guelph, ON: Tues, Thurs: 4:00m. to 8:00 p.m. and Sat: 8:00m. to 3:00 p.m.
- 575 River Glen Blvd, Oakville, ON: Tues: 5:00m. to 8:00 p.m.
- 338 Waterloo St., New Hamburg, ON: Mon, Wed: 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- 200 Lorraine Ave., Kitchener, ON: Sat: 8:00m. to 3:00 p.m.
- 350 Conestoga Blvd., Cambridge, ON: Tues, Thurs: 4:00 m. to 8:00 p.m. and Sat: 8:00m. to 3:00 p.m.
- 1100 Sheppard Ave., North York, ON: Sun: 9:00m. to 5:00 p.m.
Testing is available for those who meet the criteria established by Ontario Health:
- Individuals with any symptom of COVID-19 that is new, worsening or different from an individual’s baseline health status
- High-risk/close contacts of a confirmed case
- Individuals in the context of an outbreak as directed by the local public health unit
- Workers (including support workers), visitors (including caregivers) and government inspectors of long-term care homes;
- Temporary Foreign Workers, for the purposes of international travel;
- Individuals who identify as Indigenous;
- Individuals, and one accompanying caregiver, with written prior approval for out-of-country medical services from the General Manager, OHIP;
- Individuals who are travelling into remote/isolated First Nation and Indigenous communities for work purposes.
LifeLabs is Canada’s leader in laboratory diagnostic information and health connectivity solutions, leveraging innovative and personalized digital tools that empower customers to live their best life. Our dedicated and talented team of 6,000 employees supports 20 million lab visits and conducts over 100 million laboratory tests annually. LifeLabs is 100% Canadian-owned by OMERS Infrastructure, the infrastructure investment manager of one of Canada’s largest defined benefit pension plans. Learn more at lifelabs.com.
LifeLabs Media Team