PULS (Protein Unstable Lesion Signature)
Requisitions & Collection Instructions
Emailing & faxing requisitions
Every day, we process thousands of requisitions manually so customers can visit any LifeLabs collection centre.
To email a patient’s requisition, please follow the steps below:
- Create one email per patient
2. Email a PDF copy of the requisition to the dedicated email address
- Use the patient’s legal first name and last name as the subject line
To fax a patient’s requisition, please use the following fax numbers:
ON Fax Number: 905-795-9891
BC Fax Number: 1-888-674-0370
*Disclaimer: LifeLabs is accepting requisitions via email to support our patients who present to a Patient Service Centre with an electronic requisition. There is a risk of inappropriate disclosure when emailing a requisition from a public email domain. The patient is responsible for the security of the electronic copy of the requisition when it is on their mobile device or when it is emailed from the patient’s public email domain to LifeLabs. LifeLabs will maintain the security of the requisition when it is received by LifeLabs.
To help us process requisitions efficiently:
- Fax or email a single requisition at a time;
- Record only the patient’s first and last name in the subject line;
- We aim to process requisitions within 24 hours of submission. To allow enough time for processing, please ask your patients to wait until the next day to visit one of our collection centres. If that is not possible, we recommend that they bring a physical copy of their requisition to the LifeLabs collection centre instead.
- If you send the requisition to your patient, you do not need to fax or email it to us, as we will be processing the patient’s copy.
- A note about ordering requisitions & booking appointments: emailed or faxed requisitions take about 24 hours for our systems to process. If a requisition is emailed by a health care provider or patient, please remind the patient to allow for 24 hours processing time when booking an appointment. If a patient is able to print their requisition, we encourage booking an appointment the same day as their medical appointment.
Specimen Collection & Handling
Healthcare providers residing within the Saskatoon Health Authority may find all testing instruction online via the Saskatoon Heath Authority website
Healthcare providers residing within the Regina Health Authority may find additional information via the Regina Health Authority website