Following the discovery of the breach, LifeLabs has taken several measures to protect customer information:
- We immediately engaged world-class cyber security experts to isolate and secure the systems, and determine the scope of the breach;
- We are taking steps to further strengthen our systems to deter future attacks;
- We retrieved the data by making a payment. We did this in collaboration with experts who are experienced in cyber-attacks and in negotiations with cyber criminals;
- We engaged law enforcement, which are currently investigating the matter; and
- We are offering cyber security protection services to our customers, such as identity and fraud protection insurance.