- Effective December 3, 2018 LifeLabs BC is changing testing methodology for Trichomonas vaginalis to NAAT (nucleic acid amplification) testing.
- Trichomonas antigen testing by EIA will be discontinued.
- Effective December 3, 2018, please submit urine or an APTIMA swab for trichomonas testing (same collection as for chlamydia/gonorrhea).
- Testing can now be performed on males and females.
- Testing for trichomonas cannot be performed using samples collected with the red topped Liquid Amies swab.
Health care providers may order supplies through our Courier Department
- Lower mainland and BC Region 604-412-4481 (Option #1 for supplies)
- Vancouver Island 1-250-881-3111 ext 72124 or fax 1-250-727-0344
Please contact the LifeLabs Client Information Centre 1-800-431-7206 for all inquiries.
For more information please click here.
To reference the Genital Collection Table click here.