LifeLabs is pleased to announce its partnership with LifestyleRx to offer Canadians greater support in managing their health with prediabetes and Type 2 Diabetes.
LifestyleRx is a clinical program and digital platform that supports lifestyle changes, focusing on key areas such as diet, sleep, light exercise, stress reduction, and more to help those living with prediabetes/Type 2 diabetes manage their condition. It is covered by OHIP and MSP.
Canada has a growing diabetes population with currently 1 in 3 Canadians living with Type 2 Diabetes or pre-diabetes; and it is expected there will be over 400,000 new cases each year. But through early detection, many cases of pre-diabetes and Type 2 diabetes are reversible with the help of healthy lifestyle adjustments. We understand that for healthcare providers, it can be difficult to coach lifestyle changes in the clinic for a number of reasons. Our partnership with LifestyleRx aims to address this problem with digital solutions such as video, messaging, group sessions, a learning platform with personalized content, and continuous monitoring of glucose, activity, and sleep.
How it works
- Patients can sign up for the 12-week program through LifestyleRx via email and create an account.They will then be asked to confirm their information such as province and if they have received a diagnosis such as diabetes, Type 2 diabetes, metabolic syndrome, or others.
- Patients will then be directed to download a lab requisition from LifeLabs to complete the necessary bloodwork.
- Before completing their bloodwork, they will first be directed to schedule a 10-20 minute intro call on Zoom with a member from the LifestyleRx Patient Success Team that will help walk them through the program, how it works, and answer any questions.
- After the intro call, the patient can then schedule their bloodwork appointment with their preferred collection centre. Patients in Ontario can also set up an appointment through LifeLabs’ mobile service MyVisit, where a lab patient technician will come to them to complete their bloodwork.
- Once bloodwork is complete, patients can view their results in LifeLabs’ online customer portal, MyCareCompass. The results will be shared with their healthcare provider through LifestyleRx, as well as their family healthcare provider.
This expansion supports us in our goals to offer Canadians greater accessibility to essential testing services that empower them to make informed decisions about their health.
If you have any questions, please call our contact centre at 1-877-849-3637 in Ontario, or 1-800-431-7206 in B.C. You can also email email@example.com.