LifeLabs Healthcare Providers’ Conference
LifeLabs invites physicians, nurses and other healthcare practitioners to an intensive one day conference to better interface clinical practice with Lab Medicine. Through case-based examples and literature reviews, local experts will cover the following topics:
- Phone a Friend: The Interface between Laboratory Medicine and Clinical Practice – cases from everyday practice
- Choosing Wisely – Using diagnostic tests appropriately.
- Toxicology—Drug testing in substance use disorder patients.
- Haematology Potpourri – NOACs, coagulation monitoring and common cases.
- What’s new in infectious diseases diagnosis—New viruses, STIs, and syndromic testing.
- The Diagnostic Management Team model – How it can help clinicians. Perspectives from Galveston, TX.
- Decision support and eOrdering – First, do no harm.
- The Genomics Revolution—Applications in the real world, such as non-invasive prenatal testing, cancer diagnosis, microbiology, pharmacogenomics and personalized medicine.
- What would you do? A panel discussion of diagnostic dilemmas.
Our goal is to bridge the gap between clinical and laboratory medicine. Often seen as a “black box,” we aim to demystify the laboratory and to establish better access to laboratory medicine expertise.