A Paperless Solution for Lab Requisitions
Benefits and Features
- Efficient – paperless process, validated against provincial protocols, allows you to search for copy-to providers.
- Time savings for HCPs – lesser administrative work as there is no need to fax the requisition to LifeLabs, fewer calls from lab staff due to pre-validation of requisition information
- Reliable – avoids issues with fax lines being down
- Secure – mitigates risk of unmonitored paper requisitions, mitigates risk of sending requisitions to patients via insecure email
- Care – eliminates patients arriving at lab before requisition has been received, informs patients of tests that need to be paid for, reduction of requisition data entry errors
Paperless Process to Order Lab Tests
How It Works
I’m able to provide HCPs with seamless, integrated workflow that reduces time spent on administartion and increases time spent with patients.
I have confidence in quality and accuracy of the lab requisition that supports me in providing better patient care and empowers my patient to fulfill requisitions at a location convenient for them.
I have the flexibility to fulfill my requisition where it is most convenient for me, knowing that the information is accurate and secure.
Frequently Asked Questions
The integration effort will vary based on resource allocation. We will conduct meetings with you to brief you on the requirements. You will then be required to integrate with the eOrder service APIs and conduct UAT before releasing the service to your clinics.
The eOrder Service API is based on RESTful architecture best practices as well as HL7’s FHIR v4 standard. We have detailed functional and technical specifications documents and UAT test scenarios to assist you throughout the integration process.
It is recommended that you continue your usual process of generating lab requisitions, so your patients can visit the lab provider of their choice. At present, LifeLabs is the only lab provider able to retrieve orders from the eOrder service. Other lab providers will benefit from having a fully validated requisition with all the required information.
At this time, the eOrder service is not available at non-LifeLabs locations. Patients that would prefer to visit a different lab provider will require a hard copy of the requisition which is generated by the service after it is submitted by your EMR. This requisition would then be entered into the lab provider’s LIS utilizing their standard data entry method.
A copy of the lab requisition can either be provided by you as a printout for in-person visits or per your usual process for virtual visits.
LifeLabs Verification Step
You are being taken to the payment form. Please check the box below to proceed.
For rush results (NAAT within 12 hours and PCR within 24 hours)
- Order your FlyClear test and receive your FlyClear test requisition
- Book an appointment at a LifeLabs location below.
- Bring your printed FlyClear requisition and Passport
- Select your ordered Province’s Rush Test to start booking:
Pre-Departure testing now available from the comfort of your home with MyVisit (Currently Greater Toronto Area only)
- Order your FlyClear test and receive your FlyClear test requisition.
- Book your Home Visit appointment with the MyVisit portal or, if your flight is within the next five days, contact a MyVisit coordinator 1-416-993-9579 (Monday – Friday, 9am-5pm EST)
MyVisit Pre-departure testing offers:
- COVID-19 PCR/NAAT swab testing
- COVID-19 Antibody Blood (serology) testing
The MyVisit fee is $80 per person.
Book your appointment online here. If your flight is within the next five days and you have received your FlyClear requisition, please contact a MyVisit coordinator 1-416-993-9579 (Monday – Friday, 9am-5pm EST).