COVID-19 Home PCR Kit
COVID-19 Home PCR Kits
IMPORTANT: As of March 1, 2023, LifeLabs will no longer sell COVID-19 Home PCR kits. We appreciate those that previously purchased kits and will continue to test samples dropped off at LifeLabs until April 24, 2023. Results will be available in the ClearPass web app until April 30, 2023. For more information, please view the FAQ
NOTE: This test does not meet travel clearance requirements. If you plan to travel outside of Canada, click here to purchase a FlyClearTM pre-departure test.
Self-collect your sample
Follow the step-by-step self-collection and packaging instructions provided in your Home PCR Self-Collection Kit.
You may view the instructional video or download the instructions as a PDF to guide you through the self-collection process.
Note: In order to receive reliable test results, please follow the instructions carefully.
Drop off kit
Drop off your sample at any LifeLabs® Patient Service Centre on the same day or the day after you self-collect it. Find a location near you
Return your sample to LifeLabs® using FedEx®. You are responsible for paying the shipping costs. Click here for details.
Obtain your Results
LifeLabs® aims to make your results available to you within 24 hours of receiving your sample. When your results are ready you will receive an email containing a secure link to your results in the ClearPassTM web app.
- To access test results, please login to your ClearPassTM account at https://my.thrive.health with the username and password you created
- Select “Care Network” then click on “COVID-19 Test Result”
If more than 48 hours have passed since your sample was received by LifeLabs® and your results are not available in the ClearPassTM web app, please contact LifeLabs® by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: We recommend you download and save your results for future reference. After April 30th, you will no longer be able to login to the ClearPass web app to access your results.
Due to changes in the COVID-19 testing landscape, LifeLabs will no longer be able to maintain this service beyond April 30, 2023.
- As of March 1, 2023, LifeLabs is no longer selling COVID Home PCR kits.
- The last date to drop off your kit at LifeLabs for testing is April 24, 2023.
- The last date to view your results in the ClearPass web app is April 30, 2023. We recommend you download and save your results for future reference.
Please note that all sales are final.
PCR testing (also known as polymerase chain reaction testing), is a swab test that can detect if you have an active COVID-19 infection and are potentially contagious to those around you. The test works by detecting genetic information of the SARS-CoV-2 virus in your sample.
PCR testing for COVID-19 is an important tool to help understand your COVID status and is widely considered is the gold standard for testing due to its high sensitivity and ability to detect infection early, even at low viral loads.
Consider getting a COVID-19 PCR Swab testing if you:
- Are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19 (such as fever, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, feeling weak). For a full list of symptoms, visit the Government of Canada website – Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19).
- Have been exposed to COVID-19 in the last 14 days (and may or may not have any symptoms).
- Interact with vulnerable or immunocompromised people.
This COVID-19 home PCR self-collection is unobserved and therefore does not meet pre-departure travel clearance requirements. We offer pre-departure testing with FlyClear. To purchase FlyClear Pre-Departure testing click here.
A swab kit and tube, biohazard bag, absorbent strip, foil pouch, blank specimen label, requisition, collection and packing instructions, tamper evident label, and a while poly bag to package the sample in. The requisition included with the kit will be personalized with the information provided in the ClearPass web app.
Kits should be stored in a safe and dry location at room temperature until you are ready to self-collect your sample.
The preferred option to return your kit is to drop it off at a LifeLabs Patient Service Centre (PSC). Drop off your sample the same day or the day after you self-collect it at any LifeLabs patient service location in Ontario or British Columbia.
Upon arrival at any LifeLabs PSC, you will need to wait in line (if there is one) and speak with a staff member to let them know you are dropping off your pre-packaged COVID Home Collection Kit. If you are unable to drop your kit off at a LifeLabs PSC you will need to ship your kit to LifeLabs using FedEx.
If you are unable to drop your kit off at a LifeLabs PSC you will need to ship your kit to LifeLabs using FedEx
Note: We are accepting all customers who want COVID-19 home PCR self-collection testing. Our locations follow strict masking and physical distancing protocols.
You have the option to return your kit to LifeLabs using FedEx instead of dropping it off at a LifeLabs patient service centre. You are responsible for paying the additional shipping costs to FedEx and coordinating the shipment. Your sample should be shipped the same day or the day after your sample is collected. The test results will be available within 24 hours of the sample arriving at LifeLabs. Please contact FedEx directly at 1-800-463-3339 for more information. FedEx is the preferred courier as they have reviewed and approved the UN3373 (Biological Substance, Category B) packaging.
Ship to Addresses:
Attn: COVID – Specimen Management
Cam Coady Building
7455 – 130th St
Attn: Specimen Management
37 Voyager Court N
LifeLabs® aims to make results available to you within 24 hours of receiving your sample. When available, you will receive an email with a secure link to your results in the ClearPassTM web app.
LifeLabs® does not guarantee that you will receive your results within 24 hours. If more than 48 hours have passed since LifeLabs® received your sample and you have not received your results, please email us at email@example.com.
To access test results:
- Sign into your ClearPass account at https://my.thrive.health with the username and password you created
- Results will be displayed after clicking on “View results” or Click on the “Test Result” under the heading “COVID-19 Tests”
- Click on “Download results PDF” found at the bottom of the page under the “Documents” heading
Positive/detected test result: The COVID-19 virus has been detected in your test sample
Negative/undetected test result: The COVID-19 virus has not been detected in your test sample
Indeterminate/invalid result: While rare, invalid/indeterminate results may occur. Normally, we ask customers to provide another sample for re-testing in these cases. There is no charge for a re-test following an invalid/indeterminate result. To request a kit for retesting please send us an inquiry at firstname.lastname@example.org
If your COVID-19 test result is POSITIVE:
- For BC Residents: Please go to www.bccdc.ca/ifyouhavecovid to find directions on what to do next. Your local public health authority may or may not contact you.
- For ON residents Please go to https://www.ontario.ca/page/public-health-measures-and-advice for more information.
- If you require further assistance, please contact our Customer Support Centre at 1-877-404-0637 in Ontario or 1-877-313-4982 in British Columbia.
ClearPass Customer Support
If you have any questions or require support, please contact our customer service team.
If more than 48 hours have passed since we received your sample, please send us an inquiry at:
Monday to Sunday 24/7.