LifeLabs Healthcare Providers’ Conference
LifeLabs invites physicians, nurses and other healthcare practitioners to an intensive one day conference to better interface clinical practice with Lab Medicine. Through case-based examples and literature reviews, local experts will cover the following topics:
- Phone a Friend—The Interface between Laboratory Medicine and Clinical Practice – cases from everyday practice.
- Choosing Wisely – Using diagnostic tests appropriately.
- Toxicology—Urine drug testing in substance use disorders.
- Haematology Potpourri – NOACs, coagulation monitoring and common cases.
- What’s new in infectious diseases diagnosis—New viruses, STIs, and syndromic testing.
- The need for clinical pathology consultation in primary care.
- Electronic ordering and evidence-based decision support.
- Should I have this genomics test? Four questions to ask.
- What would you do? A panel discussion of diagnostic dilemmas.
Our goal is to bridge the gap between clinical and laboratory medicine. Often seen as a “black box,” we aim to demystify the laboratory and to establish better access to laboratory medicine expertise. We will use case studies to provide practical clinical pearls for health care providers (particularly those providing primary care, such as GPs and NPs) and we will also explore how evolving laboratory medicine practice will improve the quality of clinical care for all our patients.