We’re pleased to share that we will be offering electronic reports of LifeLabs Genetics’ Panorama™ Non-Invasive Prenatal Screening Test (NIPT) results in B.C., offering you and your patients an improved experience in managing health information by receiving test results electronically rather than through manual faxes. Initially, we will be providing electronic reports for Panorama™ NIPT results only, but we expect to expand the availability of electronic reports for other Genetics’ tests in the near future.
Panorama™ tests that are currently eligible for electronic reporting include:
- Panorama™ Basic Test (assessing chromosomes 13, 18, 21, X and Y and triploidy, with an option to add on fetal sex)
- Panorama™ Basic Test + 22q11.2 deletion syndrome
- Panorama™ Basic Test + microdeletion extended panel (analyzing 22q11.2, 1p36, Cri-Du-Chat, Prader-Willi and Angelman syndromes)
Key points to note:
- This update will provide the ability to send and access LifeLabs Genetics’ Panorama™ NIPT results electronically for health care providers that elect to receive reports electronically in B.C.
- As a health care provider, you can subscribe to LifeLabs’ Launchpad service and opt-in to receive electronic reporting. Or, if you are already subscribed to an external EMR provider that is integrated with LifeLabs, you will be able to access Panorama™ NIPT reports through that EMR system.
- Patients who are registered to receive test results through MyCareCompass will be able to access the same reports within 5 days of the report being released to the ordering health care provider, to ensure enough time for review and interpretation of the report before consulting with the patient.
- If you have elected to receive reports by fax and would prefer to continue as is, we will be retaining the faxing process. Furthermore, the clinical process for reporting results will remain the same as well.
If you have any questions, please let us know at 1-844-363-4357.