LifeLabs will be supporting the Ontario government in their effort to increase the local public health response to the coronavirus pandemic by providing additional COVID-19 assessment centres. This increase in testing is a necessary step in helping to stop the spread of the virus.
As announced by the Ontario government on December 31, publicly-funded PCR testing will be available only for high-risk individuals who are symptomatic and/or are at risk of severe illness from COVID-19, including for the purposes of confirming a COVID-19 diagnosis to begin treatment, and workers and residents in the highest risk settings, as well as vulnerable populations. Members of the general public with mild symptoms are asked not to seek testing. A full list of eligible individuals can be found here.
If you are seeking COVID-19 testing for the purposes of travel, please visit our FlyClear webpage.
COVID-19 sample collection services will be available by appointment only at the following LifeLabs locations (closed on long weekends):
- 3427 Derry Road East, Mississauga, ON: Sun: 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- 950 Southdown Rd, Mississauga, ON: Wed: 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- 575 River Glen Blvd, Oakville, ON: Tues: 5:00m. to 8:00 p.m.
- 338 Waterloo St., New Hamburg, ON: Mon, Wed: 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- 200 Lorraine Ave., Kitchener, ON: Sat: 8:00m. to 3:00 p.m.
- 1100 Sheppard Ave., North York, ON: Sun: 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- 1350 Fanshawe Park Road, London, ON: Thurs: 6:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. and Sun: 8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
How to Book an Appointment
Individuals can book an appointment for testing online at lifelabs.com/book-an-appointment or by calling 1-877-313-4982 (Monday – Friday, 8am to 6pm EST) if they meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Symptomatic people who fall into one of the following groups:
- Hospitalized patients
- Patients in Emergency Departments, at the discretion of the treating clinician
- Patient-facing health care workers
- Staff, residents, essential care providers, and visitors in hospitals and congregate living settings, including long-term care, retirement homes, First Nation elder care lodges, group homes, shelters, hospices, temporary foreign worker settings, and correctional institutions
- Outpatients for whom COVID-19 treatment is being considered
- Underhoused or homeless
- People who are from First Nation, Inuit, and Métis communities and individuals travelling into these communities for work
- Symptomatic elementary and secondary students and education staff who have received a PCR self-collection kit through their school
- People on admission/transfer to or from hospital or congregate living setting
- High-risk contacts and asymptomatic/symptomatic people in the context of confirmed or suspected outbreaks in high-risk settings, including hospitals, long-term care, retirement homes, other congregate living settings and institutions, and other settings as directed by the local public health unit
- Individuals, and one accompanying caregiver, with written prior approval for out-of-country medical services from the General Manager, OHIP
- Asymptomatic testing in hospital, long-term care, retirement homes and other congregate living settings and Institutions as per provincial guidance and/or Directives
As a reminder, face masks are mandatory at all locations for the health and safety of our customers, employees, and community.
If you suspect you may have COVID-19, please do not visit any of the surrounding businesses or facilities before or after your swab collection at LifeLabs.
Rapid Testing Assessment
We are currently assisting our government partners in evaluating the reliability of the ID NOW rapid test at our 3427 Derry Road location. Participation in this pilot is completely optional and will require two nose swabs. Individuals will be asked if they’d like to participate at the time of their appointment.