Posted on: 4/11/2017
LifeLabs is excited to introduce an expansion of our flow cytometry testing. Starting on April 10th, 2017 we will offer flow cytometric immunophenotyping for hematopoietic and lymphoid malignancies in addition to our existing flow cytometry testing for T-cell subset analysis.
Flow cytometry is widely used for analyzing the expression of surface and intracellular molecules in order to differentiate and characterize different cell populations. It continues to be a necessary diagnostic tool for the classification, staging, and monitoring of hematolymphoid neoplasms.
LifeLabs is pleased to offer a variety of panels to facilitate the diagnosis and/or prognosis of the following:
- Lymphoproliferative disorders including multiple myeloma, B and T-cell disorders
- Acute Leukemia
- Paroxysmal Nocturnal Hemoglobiniuria (PNH)
- Myelodysplastic Syndrome (MDS)
How to order:
- To order flow cytometry testing: Download the LifeLabs Flow Cytometry requisition from our website at
http://tests.lifelabs.com/Laboratory_Test_Information/Search.aspx , search "flow cytometry" and click on "forms".
- Select the desired test on the LifeLabs requisition – please remember to include clinical information as this helps us triage your request.
- On the OHIP requisition enter 'Flow Cytometry' under the "Other" category. Send both requisitions with the patient to any LifeLabs collection centre.
- Each sample received at Lifelabs will be triaged, correlated with morphology, and the appropriate panels will be selected for analysis.
Should you have any questions about this new service, please do not hesitate to contact:
Miranda Wozniak, MD FRCPC
Discipline Head – Hematology
Medical-Scientific Department – Ontario
Tel: 416 675 4530 ext. 42040