LifeLabs is pleased to announce the availability of Panorama™ Non-Invasive Prenatal Test (NIPT) for screening of common fetal aneuploidies. The test analyzes cell-free fetal DNA in a maternal blood sample using a SNP-based testing platform and proprietary algorithm.
Panorama™ NIPT is:
- Comprehensive - detection of trisomy 21, 18, 13, and monosomy X
- Unique - detection of triploidy
- Simple and safe - standard maternal blood draw
- Timely - as early as 9 weeks gestation
- Accurate - >99% sensitivity for trisomy 21, 18, and 13 (and <0.1% false positive rate)
Indications for use:
Leading professional associations such as the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG) and the Society of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists of Canada (SOGC) have recommended that NIPT be offered to women at increased risk of abnormal fetal chromosomal copy number.
Indications of an increased risk include:
- ≥35 years of age at delivery
- an abnormal prenatal serum screen
- personal or family history of a chromosome anomaly
- history of a previous pregnancy with a trisomy
- ultrasound finding suggestive of fetal aneuploidy
Ordering Panorama™ is easy:
- Physician completes and signs the Panorama™ laboratory requisition form and retains the signed Patient Consent form - BC Requisition Form | Consent Form
- Patient calls LifeLabs at 1-855-412-4495 or BC Biomedical at 1-877-507-5595 to arrange an appointment for a blood draw at a convenient LifeLabs or BC Biomedical location
- Result is sent to ordering physician within 10 days
Visit our Panorama™ NIPT page to learn more.