LifeLabs is pleased to offer this test through our association with Prometheus Laboratories.
When Health Insurance of BC (HIBC) approval has been obtained, the cost to the patient is $35 (for sample preparation, packaging and shipping). If the patient has no HIBC approval, Prometheus Laboratories will invoice LifeLabs and the testing fee can be paid to LifeLabs at the time of sample collection.
- PROMETHEUS® Thiopurine Metabolites is a test to monitor thiopurine medications. Because everyone metabolizes medications differently, your doctor may order this test to make sure your level of treatment is within a range that may help control symptoms.
- PROMETHEUS® TPMT Genetics is a test to determine the presence of genetic mutations associated with a decreased production of the thiopurine methyltransferase (TPMT) enzyme. This enzyme is responsible for the metabolism of a class of thiopurine drugs. Knowing the TPMT genotype allows your physician to individualize your dosing, and help identify patients who should not take these medications.
- PROMETHEUS® TPMT Enzyme is a test to determine the amount of thiopurine methyltransferase (TPMT) enzyme in your red blood cells. This enzyme is responsible for the metabolism of a class of thiopurine drugs. Knowing the TPMT enzyme levels allows your physician to individualize your dosing, and helps identify patients who should not take these medications.PROMETHEUS® IBD Serology 7 helps identify IBD and differentiates between ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s disease. This test includes the proprietary and patented markers anti-CBir1, anti-OmpC and DNAse-sensitive pANCA process that helps identify patients with IBD and utilizes Smart Diagnostic Algorithm* technology to improve predictive accuracy. While most other labs only offer assay values, PROMETHEUS IBD Serology 7 provides a diagnostic prediction on every test and prognostic information that may guide treatment decisions. For references please see Product Information Brochure.
- TPMT Genetics Analytical Fee $475
- TPMT Metabolites Analytical Fee $325
- TPMT Enzyme Analytical Fee $265